Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
KAI TAK 1998 / Re: Feedback on scenery accuracy
« Last post by admino on 28. August 2021, 08:38:47 »
In the yesterday's update (on simmarket) a couple of points from your list has been addressed...
KAI TAK 1998 / USS Abraham Lincoln - ship lighting and runway lighting?
« Last post by lagnaf on 21. August 2021, 14:53:32 »
Hello Martin Rüedi,
Great work on your Kai Tak 1998 Scenery - it is a masterpiece!
Is there any way, in your next update, if you could possibly do "ship lighting" and "runway lighting" on the USS Abraham Lincoln aircraft carrier you put in the harbor? That would be icing on the cake!
All the best to you and yours.
John in North Carolina, USA
« Last post by jericho on 04. August 2021, 06:55:32 »
Thanks a lot for listening! :D

And yes I believe the radar tower was built along with the south apron in the 90s. Unfortunately it was demolished in 2016.
« Last post by admino on 03. August 2021, 23:36:41 »
Thanks for the feedback! Points are noted. Some are quick wins, which I will incorporate into the upcoming SU5 adaptation patch of the scenery.

Was the radar tower on the east already there in 1998? But I can anyway add one.
KAI TAK 1998 / Feedback on scenery accuracy
« Last post by jericho on 02. August 2021, 12:33:51 »
I've bought the Model Instrument's version of Kai Tak since the Redwing's version clashes with samscene's scenery, and I think Model Instrument did a very good job in recreating Kai Tak.

However I do have some feedback and suggestions on improving the accuracy of the scenery, because I want this airport to be better :D

1. The runway markings does not have the "^^^^" before the threshold. It's supposed to be just the arrows like in the real life picture. Same goes to the opposite side (RWY 31).
https://imgur.com/YZXDdUZ

2. The radar tower rear the end of the runway on the other side is missing. I've attached a photo on what the tower looks like.
https://imgur.com/wBvt5Lm

3. The Traditional Chinese writing on the multi-storey car park should be "香港啟德國際機場", but the Chinese writing in-game is Simplified Chinese and the letter placement is incorrect.
https://imgur.com/I1DhJ7r

4. This is a little nitpicking, but the grass textures in the airport vicinity looks a bit too saturated when compared to the trees and grass in the surrounding terrain which is more accurate in my opinion.
https://imgur.com/czjPvFa

Thank you for reading this and I hope my feedback can make this superb scene even better! :)
KAI TAK 1998 / Re: autogen buildings disapear briefly
« Last post by admino on 02. July 2021, 11:02:54 »
Thanks for reporting this issue. To be honest, I have no idea, why the buildings disappear. I do have a couple of exlusion areas in the final to rwy because the default buildings have been too tall. I have checked your screenshots here, but the region which gets removed and rebuilt is not touched by my scenery. I have noticed similar behaviour in scenery designer, where particular manipulations cause the surrounding areas repeatedly to become flattened and rebuilt again (up to 10 times). Therefore I fear, that there is nothing I can improve for that not to happen.
Maybe you can check flying the approach one without the Kai Tak sceenry loaded in communkity folder?
The only other thing, which could make a difference is playing with the LOD settings in the sim.
KAI TAK 1998 / Re: CTD
« Last post by admino on 02. July 2021, 10:48:54 »
Hi britjet

In order to tackle the CTDs I suggest check the following points:

1. What installation do you have? Steam or MSFS store? Which path is the community folder? Is it the default path?
2. Could it be that other addons interfere with the Kai Tak scenery?
3. Do you have a chance to try only with the two folders
"modelinstruments-airport-vhhx-kai-tak" and
"modelinstruments-airport-vhhx-kai-tak-imagery" inside the MSFS community
folder?
4. Did you have frequent CTDs  also before installing Kai Tak scenery?

KAI TAK 1998 / autogen buildings disapear briefly
« Last post by Tigershark85000 on 18. June 2021, 11:11:06 »
Hello,
I notice that a bunch of kowloon autogen buildings disapear during 1 second and reapear when approching on runway 13.
this is quite disturbing and break the immersion.
anything you can do about this?
thanks.
KAI TAK 1998 / CTD
« Last post by Britjet on 17. June 2021, 13:24:45 »
I am getting a CTD at VHHX. I did have the freeware versio but removed it for the same reason - but it is happening again with your add-on.
This is occurring with or without the Samscene exclusion file.

I hope you can help.
Britjet
KAI TAK 1998 / Re: Compatibility with Samscene Hong Kong City Times
« Last post by admino on 04. June 2021, 18:04:24 »
Thanks Hans for the feedback!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5