Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
KAI TAK 1998 / Re: Great Add-on
« Last post by Hans on 04. June 2021, 16:24:10 »
Very nice scenery! Together with the new VHHH, Samsoft city scenery and Macao now there is plenty of very scenic flying opportunities in a small area!
Much appreciated!

And for me, Kai Tak brings back old memories… Back in the days, I had the opportunity to land there twice (each time with a window seat on the right :-)
KAI TAK 1998 / Re: Compatibility with Samscene Hong Kong City Times
« Last post by Hans on 04. June 2021, 16:20:38 »
I can confirm that no re-nanming of directories in the community folder is necessary!
KAI TAK 1998 / Re: Compatibility with Samscene Hong Kong City Times
« Last post by AlphaMA1 on 03. June 2021, 16:45:42 »
Great to know, thank you for this clarification  :)
KAI TAK 1998 / Re: Great Add-on
« Last post by admino on 02. June 2021, 20:33:49 »
Many thanks for your encouraging feedback!

Agreed, the streetside of the parking house could be done a bit nicer. Its noted for the next update.

Also the checkerboard indeed has the wrong shape. I will correct the checkerboard as well with the next update.
KAI TAK 1998 / Compatibility with Samscene Hong Kong City Times
« Last post by admino on 02. June 2021, 20:25:44 »
I can confirm, that my Kai Tak scenery is compatible with Samscene's Hong Kong City Times.

For me it worked this way:
  • You first need the exclusion package from SamScene.
  • Second, you need to rename the folders of the Kai Tak scenery in the community folder to appear after the SamScene folders (because this controls the order how the sceneries are loaded 1), e.g. by putting a “x” in front of the modelinstruments-airport-vhhx-kai-tak and the modelinstruments-airport-vhhx-kai-tak-imagery folders.

I have also feedback from a user, that step 2 (folder renaming) was not required for him so try just with step 1 if you like take a shortcut.
KAI TAK 1998 / Great Add-on
« Last post by AlphaMA1 on 02. June 2021, 14:14:07 »
Hi

I bought this Kai Tak addon yesterday and it's really well made. Very much enjoyed it. Glad to have this airport in MSFS and that you managed to overcome the issue with AI road traffic which you re-routed.

There are two areas of improvement I can see from the little bit of time I spent at this virtual location yesterday:
1.) Missing main road in front of terminal and missing footbridge between Terminal and Airport Hotel
2.) The famous Chequerboard is the wrong shape. They CB consist of two panels which are horizontally offset, as opposed to be being one big board.

I will collect some photos and videos to illustrate what I mean on both points, but especially on the CB.

Congratulations on a really well made addon.
KAI TAK 1998 / Introduction
« Last post by admino on 01. June 2021, 16:35:09 »
Hi all

Welcome to the forum, which exists to discuss about the MSFS scenery KAI TAK 1998! Here the community can provide feedback, raise questions or ask for support.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]